P.O.Box 23 Parekklisia
Limassol 4520 CYPRUS
Phone: +357 25 991199
Contact person: Doros Hadjiontonas
Very close to Limassol in Parakklisia village the real jewel in the crown of the Cyprus wine – Hadjiantonas winery – is hidden. If you visit it, you immediately understand how much patience and love were put into the creation of a small castle.
Like most of the Cyrpus wineries, Hadjiantonas is a family business. It’s founder and owner – Mr. Doros Hadjiantonas – dedicated his life to the cause of flying being a pilot of Cyprus Airways. But the passion for wine making came to him from the childhood. His grandfather had a small winery in Pera Pedi village.
2014 was a great year for Hadjiantonas winery as they celebrates their 10th anniversary. But Mr. Doros decided to start produce his own wine even before millennium, he bought the first oak barrel and produced 225 liters of wine “Sirah”, which he and his wife Natacha presented to the family and friends.
The friends liked the wine so much, that in 2004 the family decided to get the official license for the production of wine, bought a few vineyards and started to produce the wines for commercial purpose. Now the winery annually produced about 70 000 bottles of excellent wine of 9 different types. Hadjiantonos wines constantly become the winners of the prestigious awards, both in Cyrpus and in the other countries (Greece, France and UK).
Currently, at the winery you can taste and buy the following wines:
- Xininstery 2012, 12,5% vol. (9.6 euro)
- Chardonnay 100% 2012, 13.5% vol. (18 euro),
- Sparkling Rose 2012, 10,5% vol. (19.5 euro),
- Sweet semi sparkling Muscat 2011, 8% vol. (18 euro),
- Rose wine 2012, 13,5% vol. (13 euro),
- Sirah 100%, 13,5% vol. (17.5 euro, 34 euro for a magnum 1,5 L).
- Cabernet Sauvignon with Sirah (50/50%), 13.5% vol. (17.5 euro, 34 euro for a magnum 1,5 L).
- Merlot 100%, 14,5% (17.25 euro).
The winery is located in a beautiful three-storey building that incorporates a sizeable cellar on the lower ground floor. Visitors are able to learn about the fermentation process and about the use of oak barrels for producing quality wine. On the third floor there is the luxurious wine tasting lounge/restaurant overlooking the winery gardens that can accommodate over 60 people and is ideal for private parties, christenings and weddings as well as corporate meetings and seminars.
During the summer months, the winery’s gardens can accommodate over 1000 people making it the perfect venue for weddings, corporate functions and school educational outings.
Unique is the fact that the winery has equipment for people with disabilities. On the territory of the winery is also a swimming pool, which can be used for the organization of events.
The wineryis open on Monday- Friday from 10 am to 5 pm andon Saturday — from 12 to 6 p.m; for groups of 8 people tasting must be bookedin advance. Before visiting the winery it’s better tocall and appoint the tasting.
For individual visitors and groups the following wine tasting can be organized:
- An Introduction. Following an interesting tour of the winery, wine tasting takes place either in the restaurant — or for small groups there is the option of the winery cellar. The tasting is of eight types of our best selling wines – a red, a white and rosé, with information on how to store the wine and how to choose foods that complement them to perfection. Cost is €7.00 per person.
Tasting usually lasts about 45 minutes; for groups (15-20 people) tasting takes about 30 minutes. Upon request, for group visits buffet, lunch or dinner at the restaurant of the winery can be organized.
Hadjiantonas wines can be bought at the winery itself, and in online shop with delivery to hotel or at home or office.